Respiratory therapy care at Kona Community Hospital provides a broad spectrum of respiratory services to newborns, pediatrics and adults. The department provides services in all hospital areas including the Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, OB/GYN and Medical/Surgical.
The Respiratory Department uses a variety of therapeutic modalities to identify and treat acute or chronic respiratory disorders. Our therapists are registered/certified respiratory therapists trained to assess, treat, manage, educate and care for patients with respiratory problems. Services are provided on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Outpatient services include:
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) measures a patient’s ability to inhale and exhale a large volume of air
- Physician orders a PFT and send a fax to the Respiratory Therapy Department
- Tests are done Monday through Friday 9:00 am through 4:00 pm
- Respiratory Therapy Department calls patient to schedule appointment.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG, ECG)-measures the electrical activity in the heart
- Physician orders an EKG
- Tests are done Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
- Call the admitting office at Kona Community Hospital to schedule an appointment (808) 322-9311
For more information regarding the services we offer you may call the Respiratory Therapy Department at (808) 322-4431.